RESPIRATORY SERVICES / IN-HOUSE DIALYSIS
West Meade Place offers highly specialized respiratory care for patients requiring ventilator and tracheostomy care. Our comprehensive respiratory program is based on providing expert, 24/7 sub-acute care along with leading technology to facilitate weaning and management of the ventilator and tracheostomy. Our program focuses on respiratory failure associated with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (“COPD”), pulmonary fibrosis, pneumonia, and asthma. We also provide care for the residents who require mechanical ventilation and tracheostomy tubes due to neuromuscular diseases such as Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Myasthenia Gravis, Amyotrophic Lateral Schlerosis (“ALS”) and Multiple Sclerosis (“MS”)
Upon admission to our specialized Respiratory unit, each patient will receive an individualized weaning plan whether the patient is weaning or is considered to have a chronic respiratory condition. The individualized plan allows for optimal clinical progress, such as liberation from mechanical ventilation and facilitation of decannulation from the tracheostomy tube, while maintaining close monitoring and assessment.
Services provided include, but are not limited to:
- Weaning and management of mechanical ventilation
- Pulmonary hygiene
- State of the art, heated high flow oxygen via Airvo
- Continuous pulse oximetry
- Internal and external ventilator alarms for patient safety
- Tracheostomy care
- Oxygen therapy and aerosolized medication delivery
- Education on respiratory care for patients and caregivers
- Specialized weaning plan for optimal outcomes
- Licensed Respiratory Therapists on staff 24/7
- Dialysis for ventilator and tracheostomy patients
- Facility nurse integrated call system that includes the ventilator alarms as well as other vital information that immediately pages the respiratory therapist.
We pride ourselves on being the first long-term care facility in Tennessee with a respiratory unit to provide dialysis for respiratory complex patients.
With our team of highly specialized respiratory therapists, nursing and rehabilitation staff, we are able to provide expert respiratory care in a safe and comfortable environment along with respiratory therapist-driven protocols and pulmonologist oversight. We continue to be leaders in enhanced respiratory care for the State of Tennessee, as evidenced by our weaning and decannulation success rates